Basic Life Support (BLS) & CPR is the foundational emergency cardiovascular course for all healthcare professionals and first responders. This 4-hour Heart & Stroke Foundation based-course is intended to help improve patient outcomes and teaches both single-rescuer and team basic life support skills for application in pre-hospital and in-facility settings.
Current BLS status is a pre-requisite for advanced and intermediary resuscitation courses and is also a requirement in most healthcare settings. BLS Provider status surpasses requirements for CPR (C) or CPR Healthcare Provider (HCP) unless stated otherwise by an organization or college.
This Heart & Stroke BLS course is designed for:
- Healthcare professionals and trained first responders in a wide variety of in-facility and pre-hospital settings.
- People who require BLS Provider status and CPR training to enter into a healthcare-related job or program.
- The course offers:
- The latest resuscitation science and adult-learning techniques from Canada’s leading expert in resuscitation science and education.
- Realistic scenarios, simulations and animations depicting rescuers, teams and patients.
- Course and content flexibility for Heart & Stroke instructors and students, including adaptability to local protocols.
- Upon successful completion, a BLS completion card valid for 12 months.