Earning a new career has never been easier — and safer
Thinking about your personal goals and next steps in your career? Toying with the idea of signing up for a career program? If the recent COVID-19 scare has you apprehensive about taking classroom-based courses, then consider a distance learning-based program as a convenient and safe alternative.
The perks of studying online
Beyond the benefit of being a safe option, but here are our top 5 perks of distance learning:
- Enjoy a flexible schedule. One of the great benefits of distance learning is you can still work full time and earn a certificate on the side. And depending on your work hours, you may not have to lose sleep, arrange for childcare or waste time commuting to physical classrooms.
- Study in comfort. Whether you’re at home, on the road or at a coffee shop, you can create your own perfect room to study class materials and do homework assignments. Choose a busy spot that gets you in the zone, or if you’re shy, find a spot where you won’t worry about interacting with others.
- Interactive is easy. Interacting online with your instructor and fellow students has never been easier. Discuss course materials, ask questions, brainstorm — your distance learning platform increases the amount that you learn and benefit from the course. And no need to take veracious notes, all interactions are saved online and available to reference anytime.
- Go green. No classroom learning means no commuting or vehicle exhaust. And by having materials available online, you’ll be saving on paper, too.
- Improve your technical skills. Even the most basic online course requires the development of new computer skills, as students learn to navigate different learning management systems and programs. Further, the skills students learn within their online courses translates to many professions, including creating and sharing documents, incorporating audio/video materials into assignments, completing online training sessions, etc.
Distance learning at MCG
MCG Career College has a goal of providing students with the flexibility in balancing life’s commitments while advancing education and pursuing a new career — and distance learning is a key to reaching that goal.
And with the recent COVID-19 health crisis scare, our students rest easy knowing MCG has been keeping your safety in mind. In addition to meticulously following Alberta Health Services recommendations, including additional cleaning and preventative measures and extra signage regarding hand-washing and other hygiene recommendations, MCG programs will temporarily be offered 100 per cent online until it is safe to engage in face-to-face learning again. Read more about these measures here and learn more about MCG’s programs here.