Website MCG Career College
Making Communities Great
MCG Career College is seeking a highly motivated and culturally sensitive individual to fill the role of Indigenous Relations and Recruitment Specialist. This position is pivotal in establishing and nurturing relationships with Indigenous communities and bands to increase the enrollment of Indigenous students at MCG Career College. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing partnerships, securing funding, and facilitating work-integrated learning and career opportunities for Indigenous students.
- Relationship Building:
- Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with Indigenous communities, leaders, and bands to create a supportive network for recruitment efforts.
- Collaborate with Indigenous organizations to foster partnerships that align with the goals of MCG Career College.
- Recruitment Strategy:
- Develop and implement effective recruitment strategies specifically tailored to attract Indigenous students to MCG Career College.
- Organize and participate in events, workshops, and information sessions within Indigenous communities to promote educational opportunities at the college.
- Funding Acquisition:
- Work closely with various Indigenous bands to identify and secure funding opportunities for Indigenous students, including scholarships, grants, and sponsorships.
- Collaborate with funding agencies and organizations that support Indigenous education to enhance financial support for students.
- Work Integrated Learning (WIL):
- Establish partnerships with businesses and organizations that offer work-integrated learning opportunities for students.
- Facilitate the development of programs that integrate Indigenous cultural perspectives and knowledge into work placements, enhancing the overall educational experience.
- Career Development:
- Liaise with employers to create career pathways for Indigenous graduates, ensuring a seamless transition from education to employment.
- Provide guidance and support to Indigenous students in career planning, connecting them with relevant resources and opportunities.
- Cultural Sensitivity and Inclusivity:
- Integrate cultural sensitivity and inclusivity into all aspects of recruitment and relationship-building activities.
- Ensure that MCG Career College’s programs and services are culturally relevant and respectful of Indigenous traditions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Indigenous Studies, Education, Business, or a related field.
- Knowledge and understanding of Indigenous cultures, histories, and perspectives.
- Demonstrated experience in community engagement, relationship building, and recruitment.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to collaborate with diverse stakeholders and work in a cross-cultural environment.
- Understanding of funding mechanisms and opportunities available for Indigenous education.
- Base wage $25.00 per hour
- Performance-based compensation
- Expected Annual total compensation $75,000.00 – $90,000.00
MCG Career College is committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse learning environment. We encourage individuals with Indigenous heritage to apply for this position.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.